1674 - 1756 (82 years)
|1. ||Pelatiah WEST was born 08 Mar 1674, Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA (son of Samuel WEST and Tryphosa PARTRIDGE); died 07 Dec 1756, Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA. |
- Will: Between 31 Jan 1731 and 1732
Pelatiah married Elizabeth ALDEN 12 Jul 1722, Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA. Elizabeth (daughter of Jonathan ALDEN and Abigail HALLETT) was born abt. 1673/4; died Between 21 Feb 1738 and 02 May 1757. [Group Sheet]
|3. ||Tryphosa PARTRIDGE was born 1641 (daughter of George PARTRIDGE and Sarah TRACY); died 01 Nov 1701. |
- Francis WEST was born 13 Nov 1669, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts; died 12 May 1731, Massachusetts, USA.
- Jeuen WEST was born 8 Sep 1671; died 29 Dec 1671.
- Samuel WEST was born 23 Dec 1672.
- 1. Pelatiah WEST was born 08 Mar 1674, Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA; died 07 Dec 1756, Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA.
- Ebenezer WEST was born 22 Jul 1676, Duxbury, Plymouth County, Massachusetts; died 31 Oct 1758, Lebanon, New London County, Connecticut.
- John WEST was born 6 Mar 1679.
- Abigail WEST was born 26 Sep 1682.
- Bathsheba WEST
|4. ||Francis WEST was born abt. 1606, Salisbury, England; died 2 Jan 1692. |
Francis West of Salisbury, Eng., was invited to America by Mr. Thomas of Marshfield, Mass., and he married Margery Reeves Feb. 27, 1639. He was at Duxbury, Mass., in 1641. He moved from there and purchased land at Mill Brook in 1642, returned to Duxbury in 1655. He held various public offices. Was surveyor in 1657 and constable in 1660. In 1671 was appointed by the court to have oversight of the ordinances, and in 1672 was one of the proprietors who received lots of land of five shares each. He d. Jan. 2, 1692, aged 86 years.
Francis married Margery REEVES 27 Feb 1639. Margery was born , England. [Group Sheet]
|5. ||Margery REEVES was born , England. |
- 2. Samuel WEST was born 1643, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts; died 08 May 1689, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts.
|6. ||George PARTRIDGE was born Between 1605 and 1617, County Kent, England; died Between 07 Jul 1694 and 1695, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts. |
George married Sarah TRACY 16 Nov 1638, Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA. Sarah (daughter of Stephen TRACY and Tryphosa LEE) was born Between 1621 and 1622, Leyden, South Holland, Netherlands; died Between 28 Nov 1702 and 06 Oct 1708, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts. [Group Sheet]
|7. ||Sarah TRACY was born Between 1621 and 1622, Leyden, South Holland, Netherlands (daughter of Stephen TRACY and Tryphosa LEE); died Between 28 Nov 1702 and 06 Oct 1708, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts. |
- Fact: Daughter of Stephen Tracy and Tryphosa Lee
- Death: Abt 1708
- Sarah PARTRIDGE was born 02 Sep 1639, Duxbury, Plymouth County, Massachusetts; died 30 Oct 1717, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Masachusetts.
- Mercy PARTRIDGE was born 1654; died 20 Sep 1726.
- 3. Tryphosa PARTRIDGE was born 1641; died 01 Nov 1701.
- Elizabeth PARTRIDGE was born Abt 1644, Duxbury, Plymouth County, Massachusetts; died 07 Aug 1722, Chilmark, Dukes Co., (Martha's Vineyard), Massachusetts.
- Lydia PARTRIDGE was born Between 02 Feb 1642 and 1643; died Between 02 Feb 1742 and 1743, Duxbury, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA.
- Ruth PARTRIDGE was born 1647, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts; died 30 Oct 1717, Lebanon, Windham Co., Connecticut.
- James PARTRIDGE died Between 20 Jan 1743 and 1744, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts.
- Rebecca PARTRIDGE was born Abt 1649; died 19 Aug 1694.
- John PARTRIDGE was born 29 Nov 1657, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts; died 05 Apr 1731, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts.
- Mary PARTRIDGE was born Abt 1647.
|14. ||Stephen TRACY (son of Stephen TRACY and Agnes EARDLEY); died Aft 1653. |
- Baptism: 28 Dec 1596, Great Yarmouth, England
Excerpt from "The Tracy Genealogy": Stephen Tracy,son of Sephen ad Agnes (Erdley) Tracy, was baptized at Great Yarmouth, England, on 28 December 1596. Some time in 1620 or perhaps even earlier, Stephen came to a decision and took a step which had a far-reaching effet on his own life and the lives of all his descendants. he decided to break all home ties and join the colony of Pilgrims at Leyden, Holland. It is possible that he was following the lady of his choice, for in Great Yarmouth there was then a Lee family and in a "Betrothal book" of the Leyden Archives is found the full record concerning the marriage of Stephen Tracy to Tryphose Lee. This includes the entry of their appearance before the officials on 18 December 1620, and publishing of the Banns on 19 and 24 December and on 1 January, and finally the marriage itself on 2 January 1620-1. This record calls Stephen a "say-worker, bachelor fromEngland" and adds that AAnthony Clements a friend came with him, while Tryphosa Lee is called "spinster, also from England" and an acquaintance Rose Jennings accompainied her.
The Pilgrim Community at Leyden numbered about three hundred members, most of whom migrated to America. Including friends who joined them at Plymouth, England, one hundred and two Pilgrims set out for the New World on the "Mayfloer" and arrived at the coast of what was afterwards known as Plymouth Colony 21 December 1620; thirty sailed on the "Fortune," arriving 9 November 1621; and sixty sailed on the "Ann" and "Little James" in 1623.
Stephen and Tryphosa lived at Leyden for a time and doubtless their daughter Sarah was born there, but evidently they were imbued with the same ideals as the Pilgrims for Stephen came to the New World among those on the "Ann" which sailed from England in the latter part of April 1623 and arrived at Plymouth late in July or early in August of that year........
In 1639 he was constable of Duxbury. He served as a grand juryman 1640-42, and was employed at surveying at various times. In 1643 and 1646 his name appeared on the list of freemen. He had an interest in the purchase of Dartmouth, Massachusetts, as shown in the account of the shareholders' meeting at Pymouth, 7 March 1652. Apparently his wife Tryphosa had died, and desiring to visit his hative land and relatives at Great Yarmouth he returnedc to England about 1653-4. He became ill there within a year and realizing that he would be unable to return to America he signed a power of attorney which was the equivalent of a will....
Stephen married Tryphosa LEE 2 Jan 1620/21. Tryphosa died Bef 1653. [Group Sheet]
|15. ||Tryphosa LEE died Bef 1653. |
- Mary TRACY died Between 1654 and 1655.
- Ruth TRACY was born 1629; died Between 1654 and 1655.
- 7. Sarah TRACY was born Between 1621 and 1622, Leyden, South Holland, Netherlands; died Between 28 Nov 1702 and 06 Oct 1708, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts.
- John TRACY was born 1633, Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts; died 30 May 1718, Windham, Windham County, Connecticut.
- Rebecca TRACY was born Between 1624 and 1627; died Between 06 Mar 1688 and 1689.