|1. ||Thomas WELLS was born Abt 1600, England; died Between 13 Feb 1636 and 1637, Evesham, Worcester Co., England; was buried , All Saints Church. |
- Also Known As: Hugh
- Will: 09 Feb 1637
Will of Thomas Welles, dates 9 February 1637:
In the name of god amen be it knowe to all men that I Thomas WElles of Evesham weaver doe make my last will and testament the ninth day of February 1637 the aner and forme as foloweth
first I beequeth my soule unto the hands of my lord and saviour Jesus Christ whoo had Redemed it next I bequeth my body to the earth and all my worldly goods In maner and forme following
first I forgive my father the 5 pownd which he oweth to me and I give to my father 6 pownd more to be paid in three yere by equell somes fourty shillings a yeare but if he dy the mony that is unpaid to remain to the Exseckiter.
Next I give to my eldest son Thomas 20 pownd to be paid at the age of 21 yeares and my house after the death of his mother Item I give to my daughter Mary 30 pownd likwise to my son John 30 more but if my wife be with child and it live then it is my will that 10 pownd a pece shall be taken from John and Mary and given to it and it is my will that my son John shall be paid at the age of 21 yeare and my daughter Mary at hur day of mariage or at the age of 21 yeares: but if they prove stouborne and dissobedent then it shall be left to the will of thir mother and the overseers when they shall have it: and further it is my will that if my son Thomas dy without a aire then it is my will that it shall come to my son John and if John dy without a a ire then to com to the other son if it be a son or elce to remaine to the Daughter if ther are two or elce to remaine to my daughter Mary.
Item I give to my man CHARLES WHITELL a shipe & Hoge worth eight shillings or two hachibs which he nowe doth work with upon his good behaviour to his dame.
Item I give to my godsons JOSEPH BLISSORD and JOHN WELLES 2 shillings a pece
Item I give to JOHN PATHIT 2 shillings. Item I give to ANN ALBRIGHT and JONE the daughters of JOHN ALLBRIGHT 2 shillings a peece.
Item I give to JOHN ALLBIRGHT and CATHERIN the sonne and daughter of RICHARD ALLBRIGHT 2 shillings a peece.
Item I give to JOHN LOE and SARA LOE the son and daughter of GRIFFEN LOE 2 shillings apeece.
Item I give to SARA ORDWAY 2 shillings.
Item I give to my brother JOHN ALLBRIGHT my cloake.
Item I give to my brother RICHARD ALLBRIGHT my best coate.
Item I give to the pore 5 shillings to be geven to whome my wif and EDWARD ORDWAY and WILLIAM LAMPIT think good and I make my wife my whole exseckiter and my brother JOHN ALBRIGHT and my brother RICHARD ALBRIGHT ovorseres.
The will was not signed. However it was witness by THOMAS HANDY (mark TH), WILLIAM LAMPIT, and EDWARD ORDWAY.
Thomas married Frances ALBRIGHT 13 Oct 1625, All Saints, Alcester, Warwickshire, England. Frances (daughter of Richard ALBRIGHT and UNKNOWN) was born Abt 1600, Worcestershire, England; died Mar 1678, Hadley, Hampshire County, Massachusetts. [Group Sheet]
- Sarah WELLS was born Between 03 Feb 1631 and 1632, Evesham, England; died 26 Jun 1636, Evesham, Worcester Co., England; was buried 26 Jun 1636, All Saints Parish.
- John WELLS was born Abt 1628, Colchester, England; died 18 Oct 1692, Hatfield, Hampshire Co., Massachusetts.
- Mary WELLS was born Bef 15 Jul 1630, Evesham, England; was christened 15 Jul 1630, St. Lawrence Parish, Evesham, Worcestershire, England; died 03 Jul 1700, Hartford, Hartford Co., Conn.; was buried , Hartford 1st Church Burying Gounds.
- Thomas WELLS, II was born Bef 1628, Evesham, England; died Between 30 Sep and 14 Dec 1676, Hadley, Hampshire Co., Massachusetts.
- Hugh WELLS, Jr. was born Abt 1625, England; died Between 22 Dec 1677 and 1678, Wethersfield, Fairfield Co., Connecticut.