|1. ||Dr John DEIGHTON, Gent. was born 1570, England; died 16 May 1640, St. Nicholas, Gloucester, England. |
- Fact: Will dated 30 Jan 1639, proved 21 May 1640
Their tombstone in the south aisle of St. Nicholas Church was inscribed with his arms: Argen a lion passant between three crosses patty fitchee gules, and this inscription: "Here lies interred the bodies of John Deighton, of this city, gent. and Jane his wife, daughter of Edward Basset, of Uley, Esq., by whom he had had issue three sons and four daughters. He spent all his time in the study of chiorgery, and attained to great knowledge therein."
John married Jane BASSET 12 Apr 1605, England. Jane (daughter of Edward BASSET, Esq. and Elizabeth LYGON) was born 1585, Uley, Gloucester, England; died 23 Apr 1631, England. [Group Sheet]
- John DEIGHTON was born Abt 1606; died , young.
- John DEIGHTON was born , Uley, Gloucester, England; was christened 9 Apr 1609; died 31 Oct 1676, Gloucester, England.
- Jane DEIGHTON was born , England; was christened 5 Apr 1609, St. Nicholas, Gloucester; died Aft 1671, Massachusetts.
- Frances DEIGHTON was born Abt 1611; was christened 1 Mar 1611, St. Nicholas, Glouceste; died Feb 1705/6, Taunton, Bristol Co., Massachusetts.
- Katherine DEIGHTON was born 16 Jan 1613/4, St Nicholas, Gloucestershire, England; was christened 16 Jan 1614, St Nicholas, Gloucester, England; died 29 Aug 1671, Dedham, Massachusetts; was buried , Massachusetts, USA.
- Damaris DEIGHTON was born Abt 1616, England; was christened 22 Mar 1616; died Aft 1640.
- Mary DEIGHTON was born Abt 1618, Uley, Gloucester, England; died , young.
- Thomas DEIGHTON was born , Uley, Gloucester, England; was christened 19 Aug 1621; died Aft 1640.