Abt 1839 - 1895 (~ 56 years)
||Henry C. PADELFORD [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11] |
||New York, USA [12, 13]
|Also Known As
||Living with parents in Ward 2, Buffalo, Erie Co., New York 
||Living with parents in Elgin, Kane County, Illinios 
||17 Aug 1861
|Promoted to 2nd Lieutenant |
||28 Mar 1862
|Elgin, Illinois: Rank 2LT, Company K, Unit: 15 IL US CAV |
||14 Jul 1862
|Resigned from service |
||Living in Belle Plaine, Benton County, Iowa 
||Living in Ionia City, Ionia County, Michigan 
||24 Mar 1895
||Crystal Lake, Kane Co., Illinois 
||Union Cemetery, Crystal Lake, McHenry Co., Illinois 
- State of Illinois, Kane County Court Records:
Proof Of Heirship, dated April 1, 1895 stating Richard S. Marshall was the brother-in-law of Henry.
Petition of Richard S. Marshall for Letters of Administration, dated April 1, 1895
Real Property: a vacant lot in the City of Elgin township. Lot 8, Block 8 of JC & WH Kimballs Addition to the City of Elgin, Kane Co., Ill.
Personal Property: 1 watch and clothing (worth $20.00)
Petition by Amma J. Perkins, a sister-in-law, dated October 10, 1899: Giving administrations duty since Richard S. Marshall resigned on November 21, 1899.
Petition to Sell Real Estate to Pay Debts, dated December 15, 1900: stated William Kalk bid $400 for the property located as Lot 8, Block 8
Warrant to Appraiser, dated September 25,1900, submitted by James G. Spillard, Ernest C. Luther & Charles B. Hazelwest, stating value of property is as follows:
School Books & Family Library $100
One Sewing Machine 45
Necessary Beds, Bedsteads for the
Widow & family 25
The Stoves & Pipe used in the family
with the nec. cooking utensils 50
Household & Kitchen furniture 100
1 Milch Cow and 1 calf (being 1 for
every 4 members of the family) 45
2 sheep and fleeces (being 2 for
every member of the family) 8
One Horse, Saddle and Bridle 75
Provisions for the widow and family
for 1 year 250
Food for the stock above (6 months) 20
Fuel for the widow and family (3 mos) 20
Other property 100
Petition to sell Real Estate to pay Debts. Francis Burton (administrator de bonis non) vs Levina E. Padelford and Julius M. Padelford, dated November Term 1900.
Final Report by Francis Burton on the sale of the Estate of Henry C. Padelford, dated January Term 1901
Certificate of Publication: Administrator's sale dated November 17, 1900 and ending December 8, 1900
||11 Mar 2014 |
||John Manly PADELFORD, b. 19 Feb 1811, Savoy, Berkshire, Massachusetts, USA , d. 02 Feb 1891, Quincy, Adams, Illinois, USA (Age 79 years) |
||Olivia M. WILBER, b. 07 Jan 1820, Chautauqua County, New York , d. 29 Aug 1906, Winnebago County, Wisconsin (Age 86 years) |
||New York, USA
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Henry C. Padelford Headstone|
Henry C. is the son of John Manly Padelford and Olivia Wilber. He is buried in the Union Cemetery in Crystal Lake, McHenry Co., Illinois.
Created by: John Vincent "Vince" Pow...
Photo Added by: Coralie Ross
- [S02458] Illinois Civil War Veterans Database from the Ill. Regional Archives Depository System.
- [S02465] Illinois Statewide Marriage Index 1763-1900.
- [S02966] Report of the Adjutant General of the St. of Illinois by Brigardier Gen. J.N. Reece.
- [S03379] State of Illinois, Kane County Probate Records:Proof of Heirship.
- [S03375] State of Illinois, Kane County Probate Records: Petition for Letter of Administration.
- [S03373] State of Illinois, Kane County Probate Records: Letter to Court Regarding Estate.
- [S03376] State of Illinois, Kane County Probate Records: Petition for Letters of Administration De Bonis Non.
- [S03377] State of Illinois, Kane County Probate Records: Report of Sale of Real Estate.
- [S03378] State of Illinois, Kane County Probate Records: Warrant to Appraisers.
- [S01960] Certificate of Publication.
- [S03368] State of Illinois Kane County: Final Matter of the Estate of H.C. Padelford.
- [S00315] 1860 Census Kane County, Illinois.
- [S02329] Find A Grave Website.
- [S00117] 1840 Census New York.
- [S00416] 1870 Census Belle Plaine, Benton County, Iowa.
- [S00640] 1880 Census Ionia County, Michigan.
- [S02611] Marriage Certificate for Henry. C. Padelford and L.E. Marshall.