1649 - 1670 (21 years)
|2. ||Robert PADDOCK was born 1583/4; died 25 Jul 1650, Plymouth, Massachusetts. |
Robert was said to have married as his first wife Mary Ball, given as born 1852 and buried in Killany 14 September 1627, daughter of Zachery and Margaret Ball of Stephenstown.
Robert (as claimed) inherited the blacksmith shop of his father in Killany, Barony of Ardee, County Louth, Ireland, in the will of his mother made at Killany 15 May 1607:
"The Inwarie of the goods of the said Jane Paddock, widow of John Paddock, deceased, late of Killary...to my son Robert Paddock the balcksmith shop, one cow, five yardes of broad cloathes and to him my movable personalty and to his wife, Mary Paddock, born Ball my blake cloak"
The name of the ship and the year of the emigration of Robert Paddock remain unknown. He may well have been in Plymouth by 132, there having been two of his children entered in the Plymouth Colony records born before 1636...
After his death in 1650 "some of the Children of Robert Paddocke Deceased" were entered in the Plymouth colony vital records (MD 17:185):
"The Register of the age of some of the Children of Robert Paddocke Deceased
Imprimis William Palmer the son in law of the said Robert Paddocke; was born the 27th of June 1634
Zacariah Paddocke the son of Robert Paddocke was borne the 20th of March 1636
Mary the Daughter of Robert Paddocke was borne the tenth of March 1638
Allis the Daughter of Robert Paddocke was borne the 7th of March 1640
John the son of Robert Paddocke was borne the first of April 1643
There are two other that are before registered in this booke" (MD 17:185)
Thus the births of Zachariah, Mary, Alice and John were recorded in the Plymouth Colony records, and indirectly Elizabeth, not named but implied by reference to her husband William Palmer "the son in law of said Robert Paddocke" (MD 17:185).
Robert, Jr. and Elizabeth were likely the "two other that are before registered in this booke" but the accidental omission of Susanna from this list is not accounted for. (The original record of Plymouth births does not extend earlier than 1648, as it now stands. The first few pages are badly worn and there are pages missing.) Some accounts included a potential son George, probably due to an error in an early article on the Paddock family (NEHGR 12:220) wherein this supposed son was said to have marriedSarah Ricard in 1657. The original record reads: "Georg Pdcock & Sarah Ricard marred the XVIth may 1640 Plymouth" (MD: 13:85)
Robert married Mary UNKNOWN Bef 1630. [Group Sheet]
|3. ||Mary UNKNOWN|
- Robert PADDOCK, Jr. was born Abt 1632-1634.
- Elizabeth PADDOCK was born Abt 1634/5.
- Zachariah PADDOCK was born 20 Mar 1636, Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusett; died 01 May 1727, Yarmouth, Massachusetts; was buried , Paddock Cemetery, East Dennis, Massachusetts.
- Mary PADDOCK was born 10 Mar 1638.
- Alice PADDOCK was born 7 Mar 1640, Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusett; died 24 Oct 1692, Swansea, Bristol County, Massachusetts; was buried , Eddy Burial Ground, Swansea, Bristol Co., Massachusetts.
- John PADDOCK was born 1 Apr 1643, Plymouth, Massachusetts.
- 1. Susanna PADDOCK was born 1649, Plymouth, Massachusetts; died 14 Mar 1670, Taunton, Bristol County, Massachusetts.