|1. ||Edmund YORKE was born Between 1538-1543, Cotton End, Northampton, England; was buried 14 Feb 1614/5, Hardingston, Northamptonshire. |
Edmund Yorke, of unknown parentage, was born say 1538-1543, based on the date of his marriage. He was buried in Hardingstone, Northamptonshire, 14 February 1614/5. He married Katherine Robins, also of unknown parentage, in Hardingsone on 7 September 1568. 'Katherine Yorke, widow' was buried in Hardingstone on 31 June 1633 according to the parish register. Presumably 30 June was meant, although it is also possible that the date in roman numerals should have read xxvj, or 26 June, instead of xxxj.
There is no doubt that the widow buried in July 1633 was the Katherine Yorke, late of Northampton, widow, who made the nuncupative will on or about 21 June 1633. Was she the same Katherine that Edmund Yorke had married in 1568? If so it is surprising that the eldest surviving child was born 1580, twelve years after the marriage, and that all the other surviving children follow that birth. Even placing before 1580 the two sons with unknown birth dates, there is still a large gap. Although the 1633 burial is the only one found, it seems possible that the Katherine of 1568 died and that Edmund remarried a second wife with the same fist name. There being no evidence that such was the case, however, it must remain only a possiblity.
Edmund married Katherine ? , Northampton, England. Katherine was born Abt 1558, Cotton End, Northampton, England; died 1633. [Group Sheet]
- Simon YORKE was born , Cotton End, Northampton, England; was buried 24 Jul 1594, Hardingston, Northamptonshire.
- Joseph YORKE was born Between 1569 and 1580, Cotton End, Northampton, England; was buried 14 Mar 1588/9, Hardingston, Northamptonshire.
- Miss YORKE was born Abt 1585, Cotton End, Northampton, England.
- Dorothy YORKE was born 25 Apr 1582, Cotton End, co. Northampton, England; died 27 Dec 1643, Roxbury, Suffolk, Massachusetts, USA; was buried 27 Dec 1643, Roxbury, Massachusetts.
- Bartholomew YORKE was born Abt 1582, Cotton End, Northampton, England.
- Nathaniel YORKE was christened 11 Dec 1580, Hardingstone, Northampton, England; was buried 12 Nov 1642, St. Sepulchre, Northampton.