Abt 1674 - 1759 (~ 85 years)
|1. ||Joseph WHEELER was born Abt 1674 (son of John WHEELER and Elizabeth ROWLAND); died 13 Jul 1759, Greenfield, Connecticut. |
Joseph married Deborah NICHOLS 07 Dec 1705, Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA. Deborah (daughter of Ephraim NICHOLS and Esther WARD) was born 01 Jan 1685, Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA; died 14 Sep 1748, Greenfield, Connecticut. [Group Sheet]
- Thomas WHEELER was born 16 Jul 1708, Greenfield, Connecticut; died 22 Feb 1796.
- Joseph WHEELER was born 16 Nov 1706, Greenfield, Connecticut.
- Ephraim WHEELER was born 25 Mar 1716, Greenfield, Connecticut; died Abt 1806, Redding, Connecticut.
- Esther WHEELER was born 31 Aug 1710, Greenfield, Connecticut; died Apr 1732.
- Seth WHEELER was born 26 Mar 1721, Greenfield, Connecticut; died 11 Aug 1751, Redding, Connecticut.
- Catherine WHEELER was born 16 Nov 1712, Greenfield, Connecticut.
|3. ||Elizabeth ROWLAND (daughter of Henry ROWLAND and Rebecca ?); died Between Mar 1702 and 1703. |
- Fact: Daughter of Henry Rowland
- Jonathan WHEELER was born Abt 1687; died 20 Feb 1772, Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA.
- 1. Joseph WHEELER was born Abt 1674; died 13 Jul 1759, Greenfield, Connecticut.
- Obadiah WHEELER was born Abt 1682; died Between 1696 and 1698.
- David WHEELER was born Abt 1689; died 1775, Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA.
- Hannah WHEELER was born Abt 1676.
- Abigail WHEELER was born Abt 1680; died 1706.
- Ann WHEELER was born Abt 1684.
|4. ||Thomas WHEELER died Between 05 May and 23 Aug 1654. |
- Will: 05 May 1654
- Will Proved: 23 Aug 1654
"History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield": Wheeler, Thomas, "Sr." - Known as Thomas, Sr., came to Concord, whence he came (with the Jones contingent in Sept. 1644 as we suppose) to Fairfield. Here land was recorded to him, and adjacent land to Thomas, Jr., in Jan. 1649/50. This Thomas, Jr., we take to be the brother named 1654 in his will, but whether actual brother or brother-in-law the evidence is inadequate to establish. Though rare, brothers sometimes were given identical names, but usually they were half-brothers, with different mothers. Ephraim Wheeler was certainly brother of Thomas, Sr.
Will 5 May 1654, proved 23 Aug. 1654; wife Ann; elder son Thomas, property in Concord; dau. Sarah wife of Thomas Sherwood and their son Thomas; dau. (not named) and four gr. children, Mary, James, Thomas, and John Bennett; son John, lands in Fairfield; brother Thomas Wheeler Lieutenant, Robert Lockwood, and Andrew Ward, all of Fairfield, overseers. Ephraim Wheeler was an appraiser.
Will of Ann Wheeler, 21 Aug. 1659; elder son Thomas, his wife and children; children of dau. hannah, mentioning Sarah and Hannah Bennett;; gr. child Sarah Sherwood; Annis Sherwood, wife of my son-in-law; to Rebecca Turney, my best hat; to Ann Squire, a petticoat. Inv. 20 Oct. 1659. the illegible conclusion of the will may have named her son John.
The "Wheeler Family in Amerca" which we cannot follow implicitly with regard to this Wheeler family, states that Thomas m. at Cranefield, co. Bedford, Eng., 5 May 1613 Ann Halsey; and the baptisms of their children at Cranefield, given below, are from the same source.
Thomas married Ann HALSEY 05 May 1613, Cranefield, co. Bedford, England. Ann died Between 21 Aug and 20 Oct 1659. [Group Sheet]
|5. ||Ann HALSEY died Between 21 Aug and 20 Oct 1659. |
- Will: 21 Aug 1659
- Will Proved: 20 Oct 1659
|7. ||Rebecca ? died Between 12 Dec 1691 and 06 Nov 1694.