|1. ||Lydia TITCOMB was born 13 Jun 1663, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA (daughter of William TITCOMB and Elizabeth BITFIELD). |
Lydia married Jonathan CLARK 15 May 1683. Jonathan was born Abt 1649, Ipswich, Essex Co., Massachsutts; died Abt 1694, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA. [Group Sheet]
|2. ||William TITCOMB was born 06 Aug 1620, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died 24 Sep 1676. |
- Occupation: Farmer
- Immigration: 1634, Came from England
- Residence: 22 Jun 1642, Made a Freeman
- Residence: 1646, Chosen a Selectman
- Residence: 1655, Chosen Representative to the General Court
- Will: 18 Sep 1676
Excerpts from "A Genealogical History of the Clark and Worth Families": William came to Newbury, Mass., from North Banks, county Berkshire in England. He had taken passage in the Mary and John from London March 24, 1634, but came the following month in the Hercules, according to Savage. The captain was a farmer, could write,a nd was very active in town and church affairs. He took the oath of freeman June 22, 1642, was a selectman in 1646 and in other years, was a deputy to the General Court in 1655, and served on various committees including one "to study the need for a bridge". A constable in 1651, he served as a commissioner in 1655, 1658, and 1670, and served on the juries numberous times. He was a lot-layer for Plumb Island in 1656.
Excerpts from "Early New England People": William Titcomb died September 24, 1676. Judge Samuel Sewall, in his "Diary," says that he died " Sabbath day, after about a fortnight's sickness of the Fever and Ague", and "one week or thereabout lay regardless of any person and in great pain." His will was made six days before his death. After giving legacies to eleven of his children he says:
"I give to my loving and dear wife the third of all my lands for her use and benefit, with the third of my housing during her natural life, and then to return unto my heirs.
"Lastly, I do make and hereby apoynt my sonne Penuel Titcomb to be my Heir to enjoy all my land and housing and all my estate besides, whom I do hereby apoynt my holl and solle executor to reseve all my estate in lands and house goods and drafts whom I do order and apoynt by this my will to pay all my debts that I doe owe, and all the legacies that I have given according to the true intent of this my will, and that this is my last will and testament, having my perfect memory and understanding witness my hand.
"I add to what is above written before my signing here of, that in case my heir should decease withouth children all my land and housing should be posesed and enjoyed by my sonne Benia wotherwise Benomena or by the next eldest surviving at the death of my sonne Peneel whom I have apoynted my Heir by this as witness this my will as witness my hand in presence of Richard Bartlett, Sen., & Thomas Bartlett eighteenth day of September one thousand six hundred seventy & six.
" Thomas Bartlett"
Excerpt from "New England Families Genealogical and Memorial: Third Series, Vol II": The name Titcomb probably originated from the parish of Tidcombe, in county Wilts, England. Some members of the family claim the following coat-of-arms: Or, a ben azure, between two foxes' heads, erased gules. Crest: A dexter arm couped above the ebow, armed garnished or, the hand grasping a broken lance gules.
William married Elizabeth BITFIELD 03 Mar 1654, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA. [Group Sheet]
|3. ||Elizabeth BITFIELD|
- Rebecca TITCOMB was born 01 Apr 1656, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died 14 Jul 1715, Ipswich, Essex Co., Massachsutts.
- Thomas TITCOMB was born 11 Oct 1661, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died 20 May 1734, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA.
- Ann TITCOMB was born 07 Jul 1666, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died 07 Sep 1750.
- John TITCOMB was born 11 Sep 1664, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA.
- Tirzah TITCOMB was born 21 Feb 1658, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died Between 10 Jan 1695 and 1696, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA.
- William TITCOMB was born 14 Aug 1659, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died 04 Feb 1740.
- Elizabeth TITCOMB was born 12 Dec 1654, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died 09 Aug 1720.
- 1. Lydia TITCOMB was born 13 Jun 1663, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA.