|1. ||Elizabeth HAWKREDD was christened 8 Dec 1605, Boston, Lincoln, England (daughter of Anthony HAWKREDD and Isabel DOWSE); died Aft 3 May 1670. |
To New England at the age of 29 with her second husband between 1 January 1633/4 (when they married in Boston, England) and 20 July 1634 (when they were admitted to the church in Boston, Massachusetts). they brought his four children by his first marriage (ages about 3 to 12) and her two surviving children by her first marriage (ages 6 and 4) and settled in Boston, Massachusetts, later removing to Braintree. She returned to Boston with her third husband.
Fifth child and third survivng daughter of Anthony and Isabel (Dowse) Hawkredd. Her sister Mary married Thomas Coney, brother of Elizabeth's first husband. their sister Sarah married first, William Story, second, Rev. John Cotton, and third Richard Mather. The will of Mary Coney of Boston, Lincolnshire, widow, dated 1652 and proved in 1653, mentions "reverend and dear brother of Mr. John Cotton of New England, sister Cotton & Makepeace...." The of Rev. John Cotton, dated 30 November 1652, gave to "kinswoman, Martha Mellowes the sume of five marks, " and mentions money left in "brother Coneyes Hand & are now in ye use of my sister Mary Coneye his wife or my cosign John Coneye their sonn." The will of Sarah Mather, dated 3 May 1670 and proved in 1676 gave "to my sister Makepeace one gown if she survives me..to my sisters children John, Mary and Martha, to each of them a book."
Wife of three, mother of nine. She was first widowed at age 25, pregnant with a child and with one other surviving child about age two. She was widowed again at age 33, again pregnant with a posthumous child. At her third marriage, she brought five of her own children and four step-children to add to her husband's six children, making a family of 15 children, the oldest of whom was about age 17.
Elizabeth married John CONEY 16 Dec 1624, St. Botolph's, Boston, Lincoln, England. John (son of William CONEY and Mary PURY) was christened 15 Apr 1599, Frampton-by-Boston,Lincoln, England; died 6 Apr 1630, Boston, Lincoln, England. [Group Sheet]
- Marie CONEY was christened 9 Oct 1625, St. Botolph's Church, Boston, England; was buried 10 Dec 1625, St. Botolph's Church, Boston England.
- Marie CONEY was christened 28 Jun 1627, St. Botolph's Church, Boston, England; was buried 16 Aug 1627, St. Botolph's Church, Boston England.
- John CONEY was christened 17 Jul 1628, St. Botolph's Church, Boston, England; died 24 Dec 1690, Boston, Suffolk Co., Massachusetts.
- Marie/Mary CONEY was christened 2 May 1630, St. Botolph's Church, Boston, England.
Elizabeth married Oliver MELLOWES 1 Jan 1633/4, Boston, Lincoln, England. Oliver (son of Abraham MELLOWES and Martha BULKELEY) was born 1595, Lincolnshire, England; died on or About 3 Dec 1638, Braintree, Massachusetts. [Group Sheet]
- Samuel MELLOWES was christened 7 Dec 1634, Boston, Massachusetts; died Between 22 May 1651- 3 May 1670.
- Martha MELLOWES was christened 6 Mar 1635/6, Boston, Massachusetts; died Aft 30 Jun 1666.
- Mary MELLOWES was christened 26 Aug 1638, Boston, Massachusetts; died Aft 30 Jun 1666.
Elizabeth married Thomas MAKEPEACE 25 May 1641. Thomas (son of William MAKEPEACE and MARY) was born Poss. 1592, Burton, Dassett, Warwick, England; was christened 22 Sep 1595, Burton, Dassett, Warwick, England; died Jan or Feb 1667, Boston, Suffolk Co., Massachusetts. [Group Sheet]
- Waitawhile MAKEPEACE was christened 22 May 1642.
- Joseph MAKEPEACE was christened 20 Jul 1646; died 1666, Boston, Suffolk Co., Massachusetts.