1658 - Bef 1705 (47 years)
|1. ||Bethia KIRBY was born 14 Feb 1658, Middletown, Middlesex Co., Connecticut (daughter of John KIRBY and Elizabeth ?); died Bef Nov 1705. |
Bethia married John ANDREWS Bef 25 Oct 1680. John (son of Francis ANDREWS and Anna UNKNOWN) was born 1646; died Bef 20 Dec 1683. [Group Sheet]
- John ANDREWS was born 24 Oct 1679, Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA; died 1728, Fairfield, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA.
- Sarah ANDREWS was born Between 12 Jan 1680 and 1681; died 06 Nov 1719, Ridgefield, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA.
|2. ||John KIRBY was christened 4 Jan 1624/5, Rowington, Warwick, England; died Apr 1677. |
- Fact: Son of Humphrey Kirby of Rowlington, Warwick, England
He was registered as "Jo Kerbie," aged 12, on the passenger list of the "Hopewell." Capt. Babb, which sailed from London, Sept. 11, 1635 for New England. In August, 1643, he was registered in Plymouth, Mass., as "able to bear arms." Before April, 1645, he had become a resident of Hartford, for on the 8th of April of that year, he and Seth Grant had contracted to herd the cattle "on the North side the River for the yeare insueing." by 1647, he had become a resident of Wethersfield, where three of his children were born. In 1654, he had settled at Middletown, in what is now Cromwell; his homestead was situated in the extreme western part of the village at the bend of the Mattabesett River, near which is a bridge now known as Kirby Bridge. In the same year, he sold a house and land in Rowington, Warwickshire, England, to Richard, son of Thomas Lord of Hartford. He was made Freeman, May 20, 1658. He left twenty-four parcels of land comprising 1068 acres; his estate being inventoried at L552-05-10. Part of is original homestead he had sold to his son-in-law, David Sage, The inventory of his estate included 9 Bibles.
John married Elizabeth ? Abt 1644. Elizabeth was born , at or near Bury St. Edmunds, England; died Aft 1697. [Group Sheet]
|3. ||Elizabeth ? was born , at or near Bury St. Edmunds, England; died Aft 1697. |
She was niece of Clement Chaplin of Wethersfield, Conn., or of Sarah (Hinds) his wife. (Conn. Hist. Coll., vol. 14; Hartford Lands Dist., 1639, p. 577)
- Mary KIRBY was born 1644 or 1645; died 17 Jan 1712.
- Elizabeth KIRBY was born 8 Sep 1646; died 1670.
- Hannah KIRBY was born 2 Mar 1649/50, Wethersfield, Hartford Co., Connecticut; died Oct 1717, Guilford, Connecticut.
- John KIRBY was born 18 Dec 1651, Wethersfield, Hartford Co., Connecticut; died 1676, Killed by Indians on the road bet. Wethersfield and Middletown in King Philip's War.
- Eunice KIRBY was born 18 Dec 1651, Wethersfield, Hartford Co., Connecticut; died 1677.
- Sarah KIRBY was born 16 Jan 1654, Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut; died Bef Nov 1731.
- Joseph KIRBY was born 17 Jul 1656, Middletown, Middlesex Co., Connecticut; died 2 Dec 1711.
- 1. Bethia KIRBY was born 14 Feb 1658, Middletown, Middlesex Co., Connecticut; died Bef Nov 1705.
- Susannah KIRBY was born 3 May 1664, Middletown, Middlesex Co., Connecticut; died Oct 1729.
- Abigail KIRBY was born 6 Mar 1666, Middletown, Middlesex Co., Connecticut; died 1694.