1654 - 1740 (85 years)
|1. ||Isaac BAILEY was born 22 Jul 1654, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA (son of John BAILEY and Eleanor EMERY); died 26 Apr 1740. |
Isaac married Sarah EMERY 13 Jun 1683, Newbury, Essex Co., Mass.. Sarah (daughter of John EMERY and Mary WEBSTER) was born 26 Feb 1660, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died 01 Apr 1694, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA. [Group Sheet]
- Joshua BAILEY was born 30 Oct 1685, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died 06 Oct 1760, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA.
- Isaac BAILEY was born 30 Dec 1683, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died 26 May 1726.
- Sarah BAILEY was born 11 Feb 1692, Newberry, Essex Co., Massachusetts; died 23 Jun 1736, Newberry, Essex Co., Massachusetts.
- Judith BAILEY was born 11 Feb 1690, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died 1775, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA.
- David BAILEY was born 12 Dec 1687, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died Bef 1722, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA.
Isaac married Rebecca BARTLETT 05 Sep 1700. Rebecca (daughter of Richard BARTLETT and ABIGAIL) was born 23 May 1661, Newbury, Essex Co., Massachusetts; died Apr 1723. [Group Sheet]
|2. ||John BAILEY was born Abt 1613 (son of John BAILEY); died Mar 1691, Newbury, Mass.. |
- Occupation: Weaver and Husbandman
- Residence: Abt 1644, Removed to Newbury, Mass.
- Residence: 1654, One of the original Amesbury "commoners"
- Freeman: Oct 1669, Oath of Freeman in Newbury
- Residence: 1678, Oath of Allegiance
- Will: 30 Dec 1690
He came with his father from England; received land in the "first division", 1640, and '43; Was taxes in Salisbury in 1652; was there in 1653 and 1654.
John — Eleanor EMERY. Eleanor (daughter of John EMERY and MARY) died 1700. [Group Sheet]
|3. ||Eleanor EMERY (daughter of John EMERY and MARY); died 1700. |
- Joseph BAILEY was born 06 Apr 1648; died Oct 1723, Killed by Indians.
- John BAILEY was born 18 May 1643, Salisbury, Essex Co., Massachusetts; died Between Jun and 22 Jul 1663, Newbury, Massachusetts.
- Sarah BAILEY was born 17 Aug 1644.
- Judith BAILEY was born 13 Aug 1665, Newbury, Mass.; died 20 Sep 1668, Newbury, Mass..
- Rachel BAILEY was born 19 Oct 1662, Newbury, Mass..
- Joshua BAILEY was born 20 Apr 1657, Newbury, Mass..
- Rebecca BAILEY was born 24 Nov 1641, Salisbury, Essex Co., Massachusetts; died 25 Aug 1731, Newbury, Essex Co., Massachusetts.
- James BAILEY was born 12 Sep 1650; died 17 Jan 1707, Roxbury, Mass..
- 1. Isaac BAILEY was born 22 Jul 1654, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA; died 26 Apr 1740.
- Joshua BAILEY was born 17 Feb 1652; died , young.
|4. ||John BAILEY died 02 Nov 1651, Newbury, Massachusetts. |
Excerpts from "Old Families of Salisbury and Amesbury": John of Salisbury and Newbury, "Weaver," from Chippenham, Co. Wilts, England, came in the ship "Angel Grabiel," from Bristol, April 1635, and was cast away at Pemaquid now Bristol, Me., in the great storm of August 15, 1635. John Bayly Sen. received land in the "first division," 1640, '42. amd '43; held the grant for fishing on the "pawaw" river in 1642; was a townsman and commoner and taxed in '50; rem. to Newbury in 1650. Will October 28, 1651; April 13, 1652; inv. est. November 12, 1651. His wife never came to this country, and he was afraid to go back. The year he died, the court enjoined him "toretrun unto his wife by next summer, or send for his wife to come over to him."
There were 3 other children that remained in England: Robert and 2 daughters.
|6. ||John EMERY was born 29 Sep 1598, England (son of John EMERY and Agnes NORTHEND); died 03 Nov 1683, Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts. |
- Residence: 1635, Removed to Newbury, Mass.
- Occupation: 1661; Selectman
- Occupation: 1666; Fence Viewer
- Residence: 1678, Oath of Allegiance
- Will: May 1680
- Will Proved: 27 Nov 1683
John sailed from Southampton April 3, 1635,with his brother Anthony in the ship James of London, William Cooper, Captain, their wives and one or two children each probably with them; he landed in Boston June 3, 1635, and came soon after to Newbury where Jon, sen., had a town grant of half an acre for a house lot. John Emery was fined December 22, 1637, by the town, twenty shillings for inclosing ground not laid out or owned by the town, contrary to a town order, and on February 1, 1638, the town granted him that part of ground which was already inclosed. He was made freeman June 2, 1641, and recorded as one of the ninety-one freeholders of the town December 2, 1642; in the same year he was appointed with tree others to make a valuation of all the property in the town, for the purpose of proportioning each man's share in the new division. On March 16, 1663, John Emery was presented to the Court at Ipswich by Henry Jaques, Constable of Newbury, for entertain of travelers and quakers. May 5, 1663, his presentment for entertaining quakers was referred unto next Court. The next Court fined him four pounds, costs and fees for entertaining strangers. The evidence given in the case was 'yt two men quakers wr entertained very kindly to bed and table & John Emmerie shok ym by ye hand and bid ym welcome." Also "that the witness heard John Emery and his wife say that he had entertained quakers and that he would not put them from his house and used argument for the lawfulness of it.: John Emery in May, 1663, petitioned the General Court for the remission of his fine. His petition was signed by the selectment of the town and fifty of the citizens. The fine was not remitted. He was also prominent in the case of Lieut. Robert Pike, refusing to recognize the authority of the Court to deprive him and his neighbors of the right of petition. In the famous ecclesiastical difficulties John Emery was a member of the Woodman party. April 10, 1644, he had a grand from the town of twenty-two acres and five rods being his own and Henry Palmer's portion of Divident land in the great field beyond the new town. He was selectman, 1661; fence viewer, 1666; grand juryman in the same year; jury of tryals in 1672; appointed to carry votes to Salem in 1676. He made his will May 1, 1680, proved November 27, 1683, in which he mentions his age as eighty-three years. The inventory of his estate was taken the same day, amounting to 263 pounds, 11 shillings.
John — MARY. died Apr 1649, Newbury, Mass.. [Group Sheet]
|7. ||MARY died Apr 1649, Newbury, Mass.. |
- 3. Eleanor EMERY died 1700.
- Ebenezer EMERY was born 16 Sep 1648, Newbury, Essex, Mass; died 28 Apr 1694, Newbury, Essex, Mass.
- John EMERY was born Abt 1628, Romsey, England; died 03 Aug 1693, Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA.
- Anne EMERY was born Abt 1631, Romsey, Co., Hants, England; died 31 Mar 1687, Newbury, Essex, Mass.
|12. ||John EMERY was born 1572, Of, Romsey, Hamps, England (son of Richard EMERY and Ellen BUNTINGE); died 25 Jun 1627, Romsey, Hants, Hampshire, England. |
John married Agnes NORTHEND 27 Oct 1597. Agnes (daughter of Ezekiel NORTHEND and Edna HALSTEAD) was born , Romsey, England; died 1604, Romsey, Hants, Hampshire, England. [Group Sheet]
|13. ||Agnes NORTHEND was born , Romsey, England (daughter of Ezekiel NORTHEND and Edna HALSTEAD); died 1604, Romsey, Hants, Hampshire, England. |
- 6. John EMERY was born 29 Sep 1598, England; died 03 Nov 1683, Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts.
- Anthony EMERY was born Bef 29 Aug 1601, Romsey Hants, England; died 30 Mar 1680, Portsmouth, Newport Co., Rhode Island.